Sunday, July 13, 2008

Moving, Hiking, and Lots of Ice Cream


Yesterday Anabelle and I had a good set of adventures... we first helped Mike and Kristi pack up their truck to move 25 miles away (he just graduated, and so they were getting kicked out of student housing). Like usual, when Anabelle helps me move, I throw her in my hiking backpack and she gets a ride while I move boxes, furnature, etc. However, this time, she made sure I knew that she wanted to help carry stuff, so that's what she did... that and play with Mike and Kristi's kids toys. We then joined Jen, my sister-in-law, and Thomas and Tori for a few hour hike in the hot afternoon sun at Mission Hills Park outside of San Diego. Anabelle was bugging me to let her walk for a while, but every time I went to set down the backpack, she said, "No! No! No! Mountain lions! They eat you!" She'd heard Jen mention that there were mountain lions in the park, but they were asleep during the day... so needless to say, I got to carry Anabelle the whole time, except for the last little bit. We ended the little trip with some ice cream and a nap. Later that evening, while my computer was busy running some simulations, Maria, Anabelle and I took a last walk for the day to get pizza and ice cream... looking back I almost only ate junk food yesterday, but I had a lot of fun.... It's nice being back home after being away for a few days (I was in DC for much of the week).

(posted by Nate... not Maria... I guess I should check who's logged in before I post)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like fun! So are you going to Israel for the next school year? We're jealous! That will be a great experience for all of you!