Sunday, September 16, 2007

18 months = No More Anabanana!! (Well maybe for 2 hours each Sunday)

On Sept 15th Maria had her birthday! Maria had a blast on her birthday since I took her out to a really nice restaurant for breakfast. I then let her take a nap for a few hours (she still needed some sleep after Anabelle's surprise wakeup-screaming duo the previous night). After that I took her to the beach and surprised her by whipping out two inflatable ocean kayaks. After an hour of pumping up kayaks (and patching up a hole) we went out for ~45 minutes. It was really cool and we saw leopard sharks swimming under us. After that I had a semi-surprise dinner planned for Maria and we invited over a few neighbors who live right by us. Despite all of these plans I made, Anabelle gave Maria her favorite gift. Her favorite gift was that Anabelle turned 18 months the same day. That meant that today Anabelle finally got to go to nursery during 2 hours of church. We walked her up to the nursery and played with her for a few minutes and then dove out of the room when she had her back turned. In stead of going straight to Sunday school, we basked in our new found freedom. We sat outside and ate Anabelle's snacks. I do have to admit I miss having her run around the teacher in Sunday school and playing with her little monster truck in elder's quorum. Against Maria's wishes I peeked in nursury between classes to see how the Banana was doing.

No comments: