Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mommy! Can I hold Livy?

Anabelle loves being a new big sister. On a daily basis we hear her say "Can I look at Livy?!", "I want to kiss Livy!", etc., etc. It takes all the effort we can give to save Livy from Anabelle's smothering love. Livy is also growing up to be one majorly sleep-deprived baby thanks to Anabelle's love. Anyway, we regularly hear Anabelle say. "Can I hold Livy?!" So here's a bunch of those occasions from the past 6 weeks.

Maria's mom had bought her tickets a couple hours before Maria's water broke, so fortunately the airline let her change her ticket. She came out the day after Livy was born, and this photo was from a couple days later:

Anabelle admiring her baby sister:

Big hug:



"It was worth having to take a bath just to hold my baby sister!"

Sharing the baby with their cousin
It's so much easier having two... I mean Anabelle changes diapers, prepares bottles, and even bathes her little sister:

"Mommy, her breath stinks!"


Livy's not always as happy to see her big sister...

"Livy, I love you!"

Anabelle's sinister side... she enjoys seeing Livy scared...

Not quite as mature as Anabelle, but I wanted a turn too..


4 comments:

Brenda said...

Don't worry, you'll keep hearing that for a long time. . .the nice thing is that at least Livy will get sturdier. In our house the phrase that ranks #2 to "I want to hold Sophia!" is "Make it nice by stopping now!" (in reference to a smothering hug).

Kay said...

So cute! Livy is getting big already! Hope you are all doing well!

Ruth said...

They are both so cute!!!! Are you up to having visitors?

Kelly and Nathan said...

So sweet and what fun to have two girls now:)