Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dangers of Google Image Searching for pictures to show a child

So the other day Anabelle was going off about how when she becomes a big girl (i.e., no longer needs her pull ups), she would get the Barbie puzzle book we saw at the bookstore the other day (when she saw it there I told her we couldn't get it because it was a big-girl book... whoops...). To let her know of the finer parts of being a big kid, I decided to show her how cool Legos are. I googled lego, and you wouldn't believe what came up! I was shocked...


but I really liked what I saw...


so here I've posted what I call "Lego sets that geeky adults like me want to buy"


1. My favorite one is a Lego difference engine. It calculates 2nd or 3rd order polynomials to 3 or 4 digits! Wouldn't it be soooo cool to walk into a math or physics exam with this instead of a lame TI calculator? Here's more info.


2.Relativity by M.C. Escher Here's more info.

3. Waterfall by M.C. Escher (notice how the water seems to flow uphill) Here's more info.

4. Ascending and Descending by M.C. Escher (for those who haven't seen this before... notice how the stairs seem to always be going up or down depending on whether the people are walking up or down the stairs...)Here's more info.

Click here for cool construction equipment sets
Click here for more cool lego sets that if I could, I would buy (including some more Escher creations)

Anyway, Anabelle has told me that she wants some of these... when I told her I wanted them too, to my excitement, she said "You can help me build them too!" I wish you could buy these... I'd immediately get a set!

2 comments:

Brad said...

That difference machine is awesome!! Is that what you're doing in Israel?

Duckrabbit said...

How about... http://www.thebricktestament.com/ ?

I love it so much.