Thursday, September 11, 2008

A life that inspires others

cjanerun

I was on a friend's blog and came across the story of Stepahine Nielson and her husband who were badly injured in a private plane accident. Stephanie kept a wonderful blog about family and motherhood (NieNie Dialogues). Because of the impact she had on hundreds of people who read her blog, she and her family have received an enormous amount of support from literally all over the world during this difficult time. Heading the support efforts is her sister, Courtney (C Me read C Jane, link above)who has continued Nie's Blog while Nie fights for her life. Click here for a link to a video about this amazing family done by the Today Show.


After reading about this family I felt two things very strongly: 1) Life is short, enjoy what really matters; 2) there are many out there who wish to make a difference in the world, join them! Wow, I was really touched by this story, not only by the out-pouring of love and support for them, but especially by the love that permeates the pages of Nie's Blog. I really need to learn to stop whining. I do too much of it, and it is a shame to do so when I have so much to be grateful for and so much to give back. I love my family and the joy that they bring into my life. Tonight I will give a prayer of thanks rather than my usual list of requests, in hopes of showing even just a smidgen of the appreciation Ifeel (and find hard to express in mere words) for the blessings in my life.

Posted by Maria (who is too lazy to switch to her own account, so she uses Nate's)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing that. I took a look at the blogs and it really touched me. Oh, btw, I love that you put Israel time on your blog! I'm glad you guys are having a good time. If we could afford coming over to visit, we'd be there in a heartbeat! I will just have to be satisfied with having a vicarious Israel experience by reading your blog. :)

ninfa said...

I don't mean to intrude since you don't know me, but what a wonderful post. I have been reading about them, too, and have felt the spirit each time I do. Each day truly is a gift which I learned while my mom was sick and sadly passed away earlier this year. We forget to enjoy the good things instead of forget the things that could be better.

Ruth said...

What a sweet family. We miss you.