Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mount Tabor


Our last stop on this day trip was Mount Tabor and we really enjoyed it. It was early afternoon and the lighting was great.

This is were it is believed Jesus took Peter, James, and John and was transfigured before them. If you have time, click on this picture and read the plaque.


When we first got there, there wasn't a lot of people, so the inside was quite and peaceful. Up front they had set up a beautiful nativity.






The front portion of the Church had this beautiful arch that was all done in tile. It was really well kept. As I was taking the picture I heard Nathan ask Anabelle, "Isn't this a beautiful painting?" Anabelle quickly replied, "No, daddy, this is a mosaic. Not a painting." I think "mosaic" was here favorite word during this trip.

As we exited the Church, I noticed that under this metal gate there were literally thousands of letters and photos. Most of them written on behalf of loved ones who were sick or ailed in some way.

I am still learning to use the camera and so I didn't know how to use the panoramic setting like i did in our previous camera. So here's my very bad attempt at capturing the view as we exited the church.




















The view from the top.


Some more pics of the grounds and stuff.


We tried taking a family picture at the end of our visit, but Anabelle had other ideas.

No comments: