Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mommy and me time


Anabelle is at a fun stage where helping mom do anything is fun. She even likes to help me clean up at the end of the day before she goes to bed. Our last two projects were cheap and easy (and yes that only applies to the projects). Anabelle had a blast with the glue stick.



Tuna is not our favorite food (well, Nate will eat anything, but Anabelle and me, not so much). But, as some of you probably recall from your college days, it's a very cheap and easy solution to "what shall we eat tonight?" So, when we saw "Big Chef and Little Chef" making fish cakes the other day (British kids cooking show. Anabelle loves it) and they used tuna, I thought, "why not, let's give it a try." Anabelle really liked the messy hands-on experience.






The recipe is simple but I don't have exact measurements.
First, boil some potatoes and when soft mash them up with butter, diced green onions, a little sour cream and parsley flakes. Blend in a tuna can or two and squeeze 1/4 of a lemon with it. I added a pinch of season-all too. I made about 12 balls out of our mix and Anabelle and I then rolled them in a little bit of corn oil and then in bread-crumbs. Once covered in bread-crumbs flatten the balls to the thickness of a chunky cookie and set them on a cookie sheet to put in the oven. Bake until golden brown. I served them with lemon on the side and marinara sauce (Anabelle loves dipping). Oh, I did have to flip them half way through because the top was taking longer to brown than the bottom part, but that my be an oven thing. Enjoy!

No comments: