Saturday, August 23, 2008

Nate, do you still have my keys?

Today we got two bins to load all of our stuff in... we were all worried that we would need 3, but fortunately, we managed to get all of our stuff crammed into 2, since there was a huge yard sale and barbecue sponsered by our apartment complex (we sold a few of the large furtature items we own, and those that didn't sell during the yard sale managed to disappear afterwards. Anyway, after several hours of packing, I closed the bins and sat down to relax... the Dennis (a friend that helped us move everything in the bins) popped his head into our apartment and asked, "Nate do you still have my car key?" I'd borrowed his car key to cut some plastic and then set it on a box right outside of the bins. My heart sank as I heard those words because I knew what it might implicate. I ran to the bins and looked on the ground... no keys... I asked around while Maria called everyone that helped us move... no keys.... Then, to make things worse, he told me "My wife recently lost our spare car key." I opened the bins and unpacked about a third of our stuff... no keys. I then said, "let's get your car re-keyed." So while I sat inside one of the bins, he called AAA. Just as he got off the phone and the locksmith was on the way, I looked at the door of the bin and saw a car key hanging off one of the locks....

Side note: As expected, the internet routers were the last items to be packed...

No comments: