Sunday, July 24, 2011

The things we teach our kids....


This morning, Anabelle was perusing an American Girl Doll catalog as we were all in the bathroom, getting ready for church. Anabelle pointed out how it was not good that the dolls were so expensive. She then said, "When I'm a mom, I'll help make my girls not want to get one." Amazed at the wisdom of our doll-crazy daughter, I followed this up with a question in hopes to instill the virtues of prudence and frugality. I asked her, "So you think they're too expensive and are not interested in getting one?" She quickly said "No, I'll still get them for myself. I just will make my daughters not want them."

We laughed and then when thinking about it, I had to admit that I fully understood the logic (and think I know where she learned it... whoops...).

No comments: