Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Disneyland

Maria and some friends wanted to be on "The Price is Right" today, so Brad (the husband of Maria's friend that invited her) and I took our little ones (Gabe and Anabelle, respectively) to Disneyland

Of course, Anabelle's favorite part of disneyland was the Princess Storytime. Here, my favorite princess, Mulan (since she's a tough, intelligent princess), was telling her story. Halfway through the story, though, Gabe couldn't take anymore of this girly stuff and had to leave. Anabelle and I stayed for the rest of Mulan's story... however Anabelle was distraught when I told her it was time to go.

Shortly thereafter, Anabelle was exstatic again when she got to meet both Mickey and Minnie Mouse within a 15 minute time frame. She kept telling me afterwords that Mickey kissed her... he's lucky it's a 30 minute wait to meet him, or I, being an over-protective father, would have to go back and rough him up.

Maybe Mickey isn't the real threat... shortly after the Mickey and Minnie incident, I found Anabelle and Gabe "hiding" in a pumpkin... hmmm...
Well, Anabelle didn't get a nap all day, so at about 6pm, she had a 20 minute meltdown when she saw someone eating popcorn and said she wanted some, but wasn't happy when I told her that the popcorn wasn't ours... Brad ended up giving her a granola bar and she fell asleep eating it. Unfortunately, a few minutes later the parade came by with the princess float. I tried to wake her up for it but she wasn't responding. However, when Brad was taking a picture me holding her in front of the float, I suddenly heard "CINDERELLA! CINDERELLA! HI CINDERELLA! HIIII!!!!" I looked back at Anabelle on my shoulder and found her not only suddenly awake, but violently waving her hand.

coming soon...

No comments: