Thursday, January 31, 2008


In loving memory of an amazing man who many around the world had the blessing of calling Prophet-- President Gordon B. Hinckley. He passed away on Sunday and his funeral will be held this Saturday February 2nd 2008. He will be missed and never forgotten.


Prophetic Passing

I imagine he's running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, "Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son."

I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception's just fine,
But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two
Since there's no need to waste any time.

I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward — there's work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way.

Anna M. Molgard
January 27, 2008

I found this on You-Tube and thought it was lovely.


Excerpt from one of my favorite talks by President Hinckley:


" I could wish nothing better for each of you, my dear young friends, than love--the companionship of one dearer than any friend; someone to be deliriously excited over and to be happy with; someone to stir within you the very best that is there; someone to grow more appreciative of, more tender toward, more grateful for, more a part of as one year becomes another and life moves toward eternity. May the Lord answer your prayers with love, the kind that will always express itself in concern not for self but for your beloved companion."

President Hinckley has inspired in me a greater desire to love more perfectly and deeply. The love that he so readily demonstrated for his wife, for his "neighbor" and most importantly for his Savior inspired me and left an imprint on my heart.

-MPL

No comments: